National Rehabilitation Awareness Week
September 19-25, 2022
National Rehabilitation Awareness Week is celebrated the third week of September every year. The week serves to focus on promoting and celebrating the many forms of rehabilitation that help disabiled individuals to reach their full potential and educate the world on how these forms of rehabilitation can have a positive impact on the quality of life of those individuals.
The forms of rehabilitation that are highlighted under the term rehabilitation are:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Addiction and Mental Health Therapy
There are around 50 million Americans that can benefit from these programs, so it’s so important to promote awareness of these interventions and celebrate the professionals that deliver these services.
So what can you, as a rehab professional, do to help promote the week?
- Offer free screenings at your clinic or local park to promote your rehab discipline
- Host a booth at a local 5K or other community event to promote your discipline and how it can help individuals with disabilities
- Post success stories on your social media with the hashtag #NationalRehabilitationAwarenessWeek
- Use this week to boost your employees’ morale or let them know how much you appreciate all the work they do!
The American Medical Rehabilitation Providers Association (AMRPA) looks forward to celebrating National Rehabilitation Awareness Week with daily activities on its social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn).